Machinist - Tool Maker
- Set-up & operate general shop machinery (Bridgeport or Horizontal Mill, Surface Grinder, Drill Press, Hydraulic Press for straightening)
- Tool Build – Fabrication
- Use CAD-CAM Software Usage
- Make routine & complex repairs to tools
- Conformity to department schedules
- Provide notification as supplies are utilized
- Provide mentoring to Basic Machinists & or Tool Sharpeners
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED
- Strong basic math skills
- CAD/CAM software experience
- Tool Build - Fabrication experience
- Ability to set-up & operate general shop machinery
- Experience with routine & complex tool repairs
- Experience operating general shop machinery (Bridgeport or Horizontal Mill Surface Grinder, Drill Press)
- Ability to utilize Caliper &/or Micrometer
- Knowledge of Inch, Fraction, and Decimal Equivalent
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, push, or pull tooling components weighing up to 45 pounds
- Ability to read & interpret drawings and specifications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Operating a Lift or Fork Truck
- Knowledge & ability to use CNC Equipment – Load, Unload – Some Programming
(Ref: CNC Equipment Mill-Tronic, Conversational Software)
- Knowledge & ability to use WEDM Equipment – Load, Unload – Some Programming
(Ref: WEDM Equipment Mitsubishi)
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new and or revised products.
Reviews daily, weekly, or monthly process problems, analyzes, communicates & implements change dealing with manufacturing process with some direction or guidance from the COO and Plant Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Assists the Plant Manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Improve efficiency utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques – 5S
- Provide support for Preventive Maintenance
- Evaluate process conditions to optimize process output
- Support production in the resolution of problems or quality issues
- Utilize quality audit requirements and standards
- Provide training or instruction in the resolution of a problem or an improvement
Skills & Specifications
- Knowledge of mechanical machine elements and fluid power applications
- Knowledge of industrial engineering applications
- Knowledge of ISO 9000
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Problem solving/analysis
- Knowledge of auto-cad or equivalent cad software
- Strong technical knowledge and analytical capability
- Must possess written and verbal communication including the ability to collaborate with coworkers, management, shop personal, maintenance, tool-room & machine shop
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Engineering in the related field of study in Mechanical / Mfg or Industrial Technology
- Minimum of 3-5 (three to five) years’ experience in the field of stamping or fabrication process method
- Ability to utilize Microsoft products
- Knowledge of capital improvement
- Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
- State and Federal regulations.
- Must be willing to spend considerable time on the production floor (80% Min.)
- Knowledge of stamping, fabrication and oil lubricants is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job site may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to reach places. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or mover up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Human Resource Manager
Works closely with the plant manager, plant superintendent, plant supervisors, and employees at all levels resolving issues and planning for future needs. Ensures all recruiting, on-boarding, & benefits are administered in a timely and professional manner. This position is a key player in ensuring excellence in communication when it comes to the company, its managers, and its employees.
This is a generalist position. This position is heavy in administrative functions.
- Serve as payroll administration and processing backup
- All On Boarding Activities:
- Pre-hire administration including: Submission & verification of background & reference checks, drug screening, & physicals
- New Hire Orientation
Administration of the following:
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Yearly open enrollment sessions
- Enrollment for new hires
- EEOC compliance
- FSLA compliance
- Accident Reporting
- Workers compensation
- Restriction compliance & notification
- OSHA 330’s and yearly reporting
- Organize and Lead Safety Committee
- Organize team building & training activities
- Bi-annual Employee Review process
- Employee dispute investigation and resolution
- Communication Team Lead
- Union dispute resolution
- Employee relationship building
- Organize company functions including but not limited to picnics, holiday parties, rewards ceremonies, birthday celebrations, etc.
Skills & Specifications
- Ability to fluently speak, write and read English & Spanish.
- Must be willing to roll-up sleeves and do the administration part of responsibilities.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional follow-through and follow-up abilities.
- Organized & Detail Oriented.
- Team player an absolute must.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish).
- Minimum of 3 (three) year experience in a Generalists role specifically focused on recruiting & benefits administration.
- Knowledge of payroll processing.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office software.
Please email your resume to vfiszer @ accurateperforating.com.
Set-Up Person/Operator, Press Brake
The Set-Up Person, Press Brake Department is responsible for the set-up and forming of sheet metal parts
in a production environment. The employee should be capable of setting up and operating press a variety
of CNC and manual press brakes.
The set-up person is responsible for the set-up and quality of the parts being produced and must be able to
set-up the equipment to meet/exceed established production tolerances and rates. The set-up person must
be able to use basic hand tools, as well as inspection measuring tools and equipment to assure all related
tolerances and dimensions.
- Reads drawings and written work orders required in the fabrication of formed parts.
- Assists others within the department as required by his/her supervisor.
- Set up of press brakes (Accurpress Press Brakes).
- Maintains all shop equipment, tools and fixtures for the purpose of ensuring the availability and
functioning of equipment in the forming department.
- Keeps accurate production paperwork/records including, but not limited to 1st piece inspection,
number of parts produced, defective units produced per job, communicate non-conforming items,
shortages, et al to the Manager of Quality Concepts/Plant Manager.
- Lead member of all ISO/Lean initiatives.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed, for the purpose of resolving immediate safety
Skills & Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Up to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract small, medium or large numbers and to multiply and divide. Must be able to use a tape measure or other measuring devices such as calipers and to work with any/all specified tolerances. Must be able to read a decimal chart and simple/complex drawings to verify product identification and requirements.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- CNC Press Brake Programming/Set-Up capability a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must regular lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Must have specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- May work at different stations as production needs required, or shifts from one station to another during assembly process.
- The use of Safety Glasses and Safety Shoes is required.
Manufacturing shop plant, employee will be exposed to vibration, moving, mechanical parts and other manufacturing tools, and machinery.
“A” Press Operator
Operates perforating press to, punch metal or plastic, by performing, the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Must be able to set-up die and remove tooling from press in a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company.
Must be able to assist other operators if requested.
Responsible for sharpening punches, as needed.
Must have the ability to operate two (2) presses simultaneously and perform all functions relating to each.
Must be able to keep accurate production records.
Responsible for checking that tooling & material used during production matches all descriptions relating to job card, drawings and/or written specifications.
Must be able to detect:
- Severe Bur
- Punch Breakage
- Overall surface condition of material including rust, waviness, flatness, etc.
- Out of tolerance dimensional measurements relating to drawings and/or specifications
Must assist in, the loading and unloading of materials and process of changing scrap box.
Starts and stops, press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications and adjusts machine to correct errors.
Must be responsible for cleaning and lubricating machines, along with, cleaning around their work area to, promote a safe working environment.
Responsible for maintaining any tools issued by the company.
Responsible for obtaining written sign off from, Foreman prior to running, production quantities.
Reports any problems to Perforating Foreman and/or Lead Person.
Must be able to perform all other job related functions assigned by the company.
Will accept responsibility for any problems resulting from, his/her job related functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are, representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 8th grade education and up to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in, one-on-one and small group situations to, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Must be able to use a ruler, or other measuring devices and to work tolerances of 1/64” of an inch. Must be able to read a decimal chart.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.