Inside Sales Associate
For over 70 years, Accurate Perforating, located on the Southwest Side of Chicago, has been creating custom perforated metal solutions for its customers. From design and engineering to full perforating and fabricating capabilities, Accurate can take your idea and turn it into a complete product solution.
- B.A. /B.S degree
- 3-6 years of sales experience
- Knowledge of Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication industry
- High level of numeracy and mechanical aptitude
- Results focused, competitive, and self-motivated aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency and attention to detail
- Accurate offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits package.
This is an inside sales position. Customer service or order takers need not apply.
Metal Fabrication Engineer / Estimator
Fabrication engineers are responsible for analyzing and supervising production practices and techniques in order to develop and maintain more efficient fabrication processes. Fabrication Engineers will work closely with other departments as well as independent contractors to ensure contractual compliance.
Metal Fabrication Engineer/Estimator Job Duties:
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects or services and apply knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles and
- Review data to determine the appropriate material and the labor requirements for efficient manufacturing processes
- Computes the cost factors and prepares the estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish the standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions
- Consults with clients, vendors or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- May specialize according to the particular services performed, type of product manufactured or phase of work involved, such as tool and fixture, production, construction or material costs.
- Must have knowledge of common sheet metal fabrication machine capabilities, such as press brakes, laser, plasma cutters, punches and associated weld equipment among powder paint coatings.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred. 7 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Must have knowledge of common sheet metal fabrication machine capabilities, such as press brakes, laser, plasma cutters, punches, and associated weld equipment among powder paint coatings.
- Prior work experience using Auto CAD or SolidWorks software
- Process Improvement
- Analyzing Information
- Verbal Communication
- Must be able to read blueprints, 2D and 3D
- Understand and apply GD&T
- Detail Oriented
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Dealing with Complexity
- Ability to travel (25%)