Responsible for supporting inside and outside sales representatives by providing quotes, solutions to problems and CAD drawings. Works directly with customers and outside vendors to provide the best solution for the customers and the company.
- Problem solving
- Quote customers within allotted time frame
- Providing CAD drawings for customers as required
- Solicit pricing from vendors when needed for quoting purposes
- Document conversations with customers regarding quotes and orders
- Provide support (drawings) for Production as needed
- Represent the company well in all communication with prospects and customers
Skills & Specifications
- Organized and detail oriented
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player
- Problem solving ability
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Math proficiency (decimals, fractions, and geometry)
- Computer proficiency (spreadsheets, word processing, CAD)
- Knowledge of steel / metals industry
- 3+ years experience in sheet metal estimating required
- Knowledge of CNC Amada programming a plus
“A” Press Operator
Operates perforating press to, punch metal or plastic, by performing, the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Must be able to set-up die and remove tooling from press in a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company.
Must be able to assist other operators if requested.
Responsible for sharpening punches, as needed.
Must have the ability to operate two (2) presses simultaneously and perform all functions relating to each.
Must be able to keep accurate production records.
Responsible for checking that tooling & material used during production matches all descriptions relating to job card, drawings and/or written specifications.
Must be able to detect:
- Severe Bur
- Punch Breakage
- Overall surface condition of material including rust, waviness, flatness, etc.
- Out of tolerance dimensional measurements relating to drawings and/or specifications
Must assist in, the loading and unloading of materials and process of changing scrap box.
Starts and stops, press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications and adjusts machine to correct errors.
Must be responsible for cleaning and lubricating machines, along with, cleaning around their work area to, promote a safe working environment.
Responsible for maintaining any tools issued by the company.
Responsible for obtaining written sign off from, Foreman prior to running, production quantities.
Reports any problems to Perforating Foreman and/or Lead Person.
Must be able to perform all other job related functions assigned by the company.
Will accept responsibility for any problems resulting from, his/her job related functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are, representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 8th grade education and up to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in, one-on-one and small group situations to, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Must be able to use a ruler, or other measuring devices and to work tolerances of 1/64” of an inch. Must be able to read a decimal chart.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.