We’re called Accurate Perforating for a reason. With a team of highly skilled metalworkers, we provide the highest quality perforated sheet metal and related services. Perforated metal is our signature service. We offer a wide range of options for both design and materials. Learn more about perforated metal below.
Applications for Perforated Metal
Perforated metal is used in a variety of applications and industries including air diffusers in the HVAC market, acoustical panels for noise control, as filter media or support in the water filtration industry, and as architectural elements in building construction. The uses of perforated metal are unlimited. If you have an application that requires control of light, sound, air, water or particles, perforated metal might be your solution.
Perforated metal can be finished with a variety of coatings to enhance its appearance or increase its longevity. Perforated metal is a highly sustainable material, as it lasts generations without needing to be replaced. Perforated metal can be produced from recycled material and can also be completely recycled when its usefulness is over.
Properties and Technical Considerations of Perforated Metal
Perforated metal sheets are used as both architectural and decorative features for countless reasons. To name just a few properties you should consider:
- Strength and elasticity. Specific strength varies by material, although it should be noted that for structural purposes, perforated metal has its limits. View this chart to learn more about strength variables and elastic properties of quality perforated metal.
- Acoustics. Perforated metal panels can be used to absorb sound or reflect and scatter it, depending on the design. When using perforated metal for acoustic purposes, the metal will often be designed with a specific thickness and configuration to achieve the desired result.
- EMI shielding. Perforated metal can be used to enclose electrical devices to attenuate the electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) radiation they emit and to ventilate them at the same time. The pattern and hole size of the perforated metal are important factors that determine the shielding effectiveness.
- Air pressure loss. As you plan for design with perforated metal sheets, it is important to consider the estimated energy or pressure loss of the perforated metal plates. Click here to see estimations for both.
- Fluid pressure loss. Similarly, fluid pressure loss through perforated metal screens and other panels should be taken into consideration. More information can be viewed here.
- Flatness tolerance. When placed flat, perforated metal has variable flatness tolerance levels. View a detailed chart explaining strengths and limitations here.
Why Accurate Perforating is Your No. 1 Source for Quality Perforated Metal
From perforated metal sheets to decorative outdoor panels, Accurate Perforating has earned a reputation for providing the best in perforated metal. We strive for product perfection, and our customer-based approach means your project gets a high level of personal attention.
We back our products with unmatched industry expertise. Accurate Perforating has nearly 75 years of experience manufacturing perforated metal. We have hundreds of tools that can be configured to offer thousands of different patterns in material as light as 24 gauge and as heavy as ½” in widths up to 72”. Not only can we produce perforated metal into custom coils, sheets and blanks, we can fabricate and finish perforated metal into a component that’s ready to be installed.
Contact us about your perforated metal needs from coils, sheets, blanks and other perforated metal components. Call today or send us a request for a quote. A specialized and professional OEM or Architectural Estimator will be glad to help you with any of your perforated metal requirements.