We will do everything we can to make your ordering process simple and sure – we’re experts. You can contribute by considering the following information and suggestions.
Cost for perforated metal is determined by material type, thickness, hole shape and size and spacing, and other factors including additional finishing and fabricating.
Ordering established patterns is straightforward and requires basic information, including punch pattern, the type and gauge of material, the number and size of panels required, and margin sizes.
Custom work requires collaboration between our engineering staff and your design team. At Accurate Perforating, we’re capable of receiving AutoCad and .pdf files via email, allowing us to produce custom pieces and ensure exact pattern measurements.
When placing your order, be sure to consider the following items:
- Quantity: State the number of perforated pieces or square feet of coverage required.
- Thickness: Specify in gage numbers or decimal inches, in ¼" thick, 16GA, .040", etc.
- Metal: State the type of material required, i.e. aluminum, stainless steel, copper, galvanized, etc.
- Width & Length: Unless otherwise specified, the length will be the long dimension of the sheet.
- Perforation Configuration: Refer to the patterns page for pattern codes, or use the following checklist items to describe your needs.
- Perforation Size: Specify the size of the perforated hole in inches, i.e. .125", .375".
- Perforation Shape: See the Standard Patterns page for hole shape options
- Arrangement of Perforations: Specify “staggered,” “straight line” or other patterns. Normally the straight row of a staggered pattern will run the long way on the sheet.
- Spacing of Perforations: This can be specified as the distance between hole centers, the percent of open area or, in the case of small holes, as the number of holes per square inch.
- Solid Margins: If margins on the perforated sheet are not important, specify “minimum or no margins.”
- Finish: Specify powder coating, anodizing, Kynar®, plating or degreasing. If you have custom finishing ideas in mind, please contact us directly to discuss the possibilities for your project.
- Other Information: For slotted perforations, specify whether the long dimension of the slot is parallel to the long or short dimension of the sheet. A drawing of your part or job is recommended to ensure accurate, timely delivery of your cost quotation.