According to the Sustainable Products Corporation, the consulting firm responsible for SMART Product Standards, sustainable products are those products providing environmental, social and economic benefits while protecting public health, welfare, and environment over their full commercial cycle, from the extraction of raw materials to final disposition. Through SMART, it is now possible to identify transparent life cycle based metrics by which sustainable products can be identified.
Listed below are the main tenets and standards supported and recommended by the SMART Standards.
Provide Substantial Global Benefits for Building Products, Fabric, Apparel, Textile & Flooring covering over 60% of the world’s products - Environmental, Social, & Economic:
- Rating System: Sustainable, Sustainable Silver, Sustainable Gold & Sustainable Platinum
- Multiple Environmental, Social, & Economic Benefits over the supply chain
- Business Benefits: cost savings, design innovation, product differentiation, long term customer relationships, liability reduction
- Market Definition of Sustainable Products
- Life Cycle Environmental Performance Requirements for Sustainable Products
- Social Performance Requirements for Sustainable Products over the supply chain
- Define Sustainable Agriculture
- Maximum Credit/Recognition over All Product Stages/Entire Supply Chain for:
- 100% Reduction of Over 1300 Pollutants covering 12 Environmental Impact
- 100% Use of Green-e Renewable Power
- 100% Post Consumer Recycled or Organic/BMP Biobased Materials
- 100% Reuse/Product Reclamation
- Social Equity for Manufacturer & Suppliers
We know how SMART Green Design benefits you.
Reduce energy use in manufacturing and product performance.
Minimize pollution and environmental impact.
Reduce energy usage and resource consumption.
Accurate Perforating understands how SMART Green Design Standards relate to the aims of OEMs and fabricators. At the most basic level, perforated metal made with recycled content helps achieve all of the objectives above, stylishly, functionally and on budget. At the same time, our engineers and fabrication experts can help you build green features and energy-efficient performance into your products by leveraging our expertise to achieve the performance specifications you require.
To make this possible, we offer a huge range of materials, patterns, finishes and fabrication options. And just as important, our project managers know how to coordinate all the stages and contributors of a green design project.
SMART Green Design is good for the environment and good for your business. Call Accurate Perforating today at (800) 621-0273 to talk about your green initiatives.